1. Past Projects
The UoN Bikeshare is a transportation system which provides a fleet of bicycles for use by anyone within the service area for an established time-based price. Typically, bikes must be picked up and returned to the docking stations.
is a web platform that helps and guides the KCSE graduates on career choices. It helps them do searches of the best suited courses for them to do as per their grades. This platform was a creation by university of Nairobi staff Joram Kinuthia and Josephine Mwangi
is a partnership program between Barclays Bank and C4DLab, the Innovation Hub of the University of Nairobi. The programme aims to equip learners with the right skills to help them transition from education into the world of work.
2. Ongoing Consultancies
Prof. Julius Mwambora
- Ministry of Education Development (Priede) Project School 29 Curriculum vitae-Prof. Julius M.Mwabora, University of Nairobi, Box 30197-00100, Nairobi, Kenya Improvement Plan (2016-2019), through the University of Nairobi Enterprises and Services (UNES) Limited. US$ 88.4 Million funded by the Global Partnership for Education /World Bank to train Board of Management, Teachers and other stakeholders in public primary schools in Nyanza Region to School Improvement Plans (SIP). I was the coordinator for Migori County.
- Promotion of Solar-Hybrid Mini-Grids (ProSolar) Programme, Training T1 + T2 Solar Technicians in Lodar, Lodwar County through GIZ Contract with the University of Nairobi Enterprises and Services (UNES) from 11 November 2016 to 15 December 2016. KES 2,454,560
- Promotion of Solar-Hybrid Mini-Grids (ProSolar) Programme, Training T1 + T2 Solar Technicians in Marsabit, Marsabit County through GIZ Contract No. 83257796 with the University of Nairobi from 01 June 2017 to 15 August 2017. KES 2,140,075
2. Dr. Catherine Lukhoba- Director School of Biological Sciences was involved in consultancies for Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- May 2006: The Flora of the Transgenetic Cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz) Field Trial Site, KARI, Alupe.
- FAO Seminars and consultanies for field Agricultural Officers responsible for extension and education of farmers in the rural areas, 2006.